• Rwanda’s relatively high altitude provides it with a remarkably pleasant tropical highland climate, albeit also with plenty of rain.
• Rwanda’s long rainy season lasts from March to May, when the rain is heavy and persistent. Then from June to mid September is the long dry season; October to November is a shorter rainy season and it is followed by a short dry season from December to February.
• Temperatures vary considerably between locations depending on their altitude, but very little from month to month in the same place. In the capital Kigali, the average daily temperature is about 21degrees centigrade.
• Virunga’s high altitude occasionally brings rain showers even in the dry season.
• There are lots of water masses (Lakes & Rivers) and therefore high humidity is generally in the whole country.
• Rwanda’s height above sea Level is relatively high and malaria is not a major concern, but the disease is present and prophylactic drugs are strongly recommended. It is highly recommended that you visit your doctor at least a month before travel.
• Malaria precautions vary for each individual country. It is important to note that vaccination requirements do change from time to time and we recommend you consult your local G.P for the latest health precautions.
• The client’s doctor, health department or embassy in your country of origin will have advised them on vacations and anti malarial.
• It is important to keep taking your anti –malarial on a regular basis even after your return home (as per doctor’s advice).
• All hotels, camps and lodges situated in mosquito prevalent areas supply mosquito nets over the beds. Please make use of them.
• A certificate of yellow fever vaccination is required.
Travel insurance is an important component of your safe and secure tour. Insurance must be purchased before arrival in Rwanda, from your country of origin. For Spurwing Travel & Tours to successfully reserve your trip in Rwanda or anywhere in Eastern Africa, your Travel Insurance is needed.
Spurwing Travel & Tour: will not be responsible for any person left behind in a specific tour package, if anyone fails to turn up on time at the departing location, within the stipulated 15 minutes of departure.
Spurwing Travel & Tour: reserves the right at any time prior to departure to the targeted itinerary to:
a) cancel, suspend, alter or withdraw any service booked
b) offer an alternative booking under the circumstances. If such option is not acceptable to the customer, a full refund will be made
c) change the priority order of the requested itinerary.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES:
Specify your tour package, upon receipt of your booking confirmation from Spurwing Travel & Tours, remit 50% deposit, 2 weeks before your proposed date of arrival in Rwanda. This will enable us to coordinate everything and all details for your tour package. We shall confirm receipt of your payment immediately.
Pay the outstanding amount on arrival to Rwanda. Insist on the reservation number, dates of the selected itinerary including accommodation, transport and related preliminaries. Confirm your departure schedule.
MODES OF PAYMENT
By T. T.
Send a crossed cheque (check) by DHL or other safe means to Spurwing Travel & Tours; attention Manager)
By cash direct at the Spurwing Travel & Tours counter in case you are already in the country.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TOUR CONTRACT
Cancellations of bookings are effective only upon the receipt by Spurwing Travel & Tours of your written notification via email.
Gorilla tracking requires 12 weeks advance booking. If you want to change any part of your holiday, you have to notify Spurwing Travel & Tours 5 weeks in advance Gorilla tracking permits are not transferable (for more information about gorilla permits, fees, tarries, etc,